Wednesday, February 24, 2010

3.1 Phillip Lim Fall/Winter Collection 2010


3.1 Phillip Lim Fall/Winter 2010 Collection
NY Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, The Tent at Bryant Park

Photos courtesy of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week


After attending the 3.1 Phillip Lim Spring/Summer 2010 show this past September (which I can legitimately say, I purchased a few pieces that I saw on the runway as soon as they hit stores. Yes, Phillip Lim really is THAT good! We are frequently pictured throughout the blog wearing his clothes..ie. Meg's skirt from our New Years Eve post.), I knew I HADDDDD to get a sneak peek of his fall/winter collection. There was really no option here. So, when I was offered the opportunity to work backstage, I immediately said yes. No hesitation. I couldn't contain myself! I got there extra early just so I could take my time and check out all of the looks before the models arrived (again, sorry for the lack of personal pictures, taking pictures backstage is forbidden, like we already mentioned in our post about working backstage at Farah Angsana). The collection is AWESOME. Designed for a girl who knows what she wants, this polished meets punk themed line flaunted suspenders (some crossing in the back, some in the front--loved this twist on such a classic accessory!), asymmetrical hemlines, sequins and a ton of luxe outerwear. The rhinestone stars pasted onto the navy blue tights of the models show how Phillip Lim plans everything perfectly down to the minutest of details. The hair and make-up finished the look – smoky eyes with muted lips and full-of-volume rock and roll curls. Looks like I will definitely be swiping the credit card at the Phillip Lim Boutique again soon! CANNOT WAIT for this line to hit stores.

See the rest of the 3.1 Phillip Lim Fall/Winter 2010 Collection here


xx.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment