Thursday, October 29, 2009

hot dogs, hot obama, damn yankees.

The only good thing that came out of the first game of the World Series last night, for me and the rest of us Yankee fans anyway, was the fact that I got to breathe the same air as Michelle Obama when she came out for the ceremonial first pitch. I mean the woman is a total.style.icon.period. Not only is she a hot momma, but she is hip, relevant, we can all relate to her, and she is always completely appropriate. We haven't had a First Woman who could rock outfits like her since Jackie O! I mean, HELLO, those of us obsessed with fashion still WORSHIP Jackie O! So, no matter which party you vote for or which team you're rooting for in this world series, let's just agree on the fact that Michelle O potentially has got what it takes to be the next Jackie O.

photo courtesy of MLB.com


my fantastic view of the first pitch ceremonies from the grand stands. hey, at least i was there.


Ok, thanks... And let me add that I love the fact that she, like most of us girls who were lucky enough to sit through the cold, damp game last night, wasn't dressed cute or for a photo shoot. Instead she wore her World Series sweatshirt and jeans (did I mention relatable and appropriate?). I was wearing three sweatshirts, but that is besides the point. Too bad the Prez himself didn't fare the same compliments when he came out in his so called "dad jeans" for the first pitch of the All-Star Game. Hey, I wasn't against them.


the dreaded "dad jeans"





Jay-Z and Alicia Keys will be singing "Empire State of Mind" as the special guests at Game 2 tonight. Considering this is Jeter's walk-up song, the Damn Yankees better get jacked up and get their act together so they can win this series!!!!!!




xx
M

No comments:

Post a Comment